MEDICATION THERAPY MANAGEMENT
What is Medication Therapy Management (MTM)?
MTM is a distinct service or group of services provided by a pharmacist to ensure safe and effective medication therapy.
How will Medication Therapy Management (MTM) benefit yourself, or a loved one?
- Meet one-on-one with a pharmacist
- Review of current medications to make sure you are taking the right amount at the right time
- Consider vitamins and herbal supplements to ensure they complement your other medications
- Identification of duplications or conflicts
- Cost analyses to ensure patients are treated in the most cost effective way
- Follow-ups to ensure continuity of care
- Include patient questions and concerns to empower them in their own health
Patients who will benefit most from MTM are those:
- Who have trouble affording their medications
- With multiple providers
- With difficulty managing pain
- Who require additional education about their medications
- Who are on more than 5 long term medications, or who has a chronic disease state (asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.)
Eligibility for MTM:
Anyone is eligible to participate in MTM. We will work with you to find out your insurance coverage. Iverson Corner Drug is contracted with the following insurance companies: Minnesota Medicaid, Prime West, Humana, Community Care Rx, and Health Partners.
Though some insurances may not cover MTM, participation may prove valuable due to the potential for decreased medical costs in the future. With close monitoring of medication therapy, MTM may prevent adverse drug events from occurring and may prevent serious complications requiring hospitalization. It is worth the initial investment!
Gift certificates are available from Iverson Corner Drug to help you support your family and friends participate this this program.